While I don’t enjoy the sport of shopping, I do enjoy saving money when shopping is a necessity. Without getting into it too much, how comfortable are you with open-box deals? Are you cool with used or refurbished items?
How about when it comes to electronics or SmartPhones?
I’m currently in the market for a new phone and computer. Big ticket items in this day and age and it’s a bit overwhelming. Any thoughts, suggestions, go-to resources for good deals? Please share in comments.
In the spirit of sharing, here is my personal track record on electronic and small appliance purchases.
- Computer printer – new, in store
- Big-screen TV – refurbished, online
- iPhone 4s – new (yes, it’s time for an upgrade), online
- Dell laptop – leased new then bought (yes, it’s time for an upgrade), online
- Kindle Fire – new, online
- Microwave – used, bought off of FaceBook garage sale page
- Coffee makers – new, in store
- Toaster – new, in store
- My computer monitor, blender, breakfast sandwich maker, curling iron, and hair dryer were either second-hand or gifts from friends.